Tuesday 28 June 2011

Allegations against TKL - Part I

Anonymous

Hey small guy...grow-up. 
Despite threats from Tan Kin Lian, I'm aware of an employee who brought up her complaint to the Minister for Manpower, the MOM Directors and NTUC Labour MPs. TKL demanded the complaint to be retracted.

This female employee had brought up complaints of management harasment against a TKL favoured manager - and they included complains about sexual advances. You know what the NTUC Income Management drummed-up charges of poor work performance and terminated her services. This employee had served almost 30 years with the NTUC movement and always had an excellent work performance record. She had served well and helped thousands of workers during her long career. She was a well loved and respected Industrial Relations Officer. She was one of the few who was awarded merit increments when ther was a wage freeze. Such was her performance and contribution.

The MOM officers who regularly played badminton with the NTUC Income senior managers --- dragged their feet at first but later stated that this employee being a senior executive cannot come under the MOM purview and suggested that the employee bring the matter to civil court. The MOM did not even bother with an official investigation into the matter. The disappointed employee did not proceed with civil action as by then TKL and his management team were willingly or otherwise replaced at NTUC Income. 

This dedicated and long serving employee's career was destroyed by the so called caring, fair and jutice concious CEO. Now that the person aiming for the highest office in Singapore. TKL may want to hold an open public inquiry on this. We will make all the available records and emails for scrutiny. 

You talk about one Manager at Jurong Town Council firing an employee without just cause...here you have a Presidential hopeful who have his bootlickers singing praises of how caring, justified and fair ---TKL is. TKL has put up that there will smear tactics ...Well you decide ... this is not the PAP or the media. We are the working class citizens of Singapore. Vote for him at your own peril.


------------
TKL's response:
Someone draw my attention to the smear postings by a "disgrunted" former employee of NTUC Income.

During my past 30 years in Income, I must have dealt directly with several hundred employees. I would have my share of poor performers and had to deal with some of them personally. Most of the cases were handled by the human resource managers, but the difficult cases were escalated up to me. Some employees, who did not liked the actions taken by the HR managers, also approached me directly through my open door policy. 

In making myself accessible to employees, I faced the risk of being caught in personal problems of various types, but this is unavoidable.

I dealt with the personal issues by adopting the values of honesty, fairness and positive attitude. I tried to make my interventions reflect a fair outcome to all parties, but this might not be possible in some difficult cases. My decision might not be accepted in some cases, but it was also unavoidable.

There were some unfair, negative remarks about the behavior of some of my managers. Most of my managers shared the same values as me and did not need to be "yes" men. I believe that most of them do act independently on what they feel is right, but I could not vouch for every one of their character.

I wish to address the defamatory remarks about about the mortgage loans that I had taken. I probably did take 4 or 5 mortgage loans during my past 30 years in Income, taken at different times. All of them were on the same terms as applicable to policyholders, including the limits on the total amount of the loan by the borrower. There were no discount on the interest rate for the staff, nor for me. Most of the properties were of modest value.

This disgrunted person had accessed confidential client records and had published the information maliciously and against the confidentiality regulations of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment